Follow the instructions below to edit a Control Panel Instance in Server Backup.
To edit a control panel instance:
1. In the Main menu, click Policy. Server Backup Manager displays the Policies window.
2. Find the necessary Policy in the "Policies" list, and click on the "Edit" icon in the "Actions" column for this Policy.
To find a Policy, you can use the Basic and Advanced List Filters. See Customize the Policies list.
3. The "Edit Policy" window will open.
4. Choose the "Control Panels" tab.
5. Access the "Control Panel Instance" list on the "Control Panels" tab.
6. Find the necessary Instance in the "Control Panel Instance" list, and click on the "Edit" icon in the "Actions" column for this Instance.
7. The "Edit Control Panel Instance" window will appear. Familiarize yourself with the introductory information, and click "Next" to proceed with adding the Instance.
8. On the following "Instance Details" screen, you can change the options for your Control Panel Instance:
- Enabled - Use this check-box to enable or disable the Control Panel Instance. If an Instance is disabled, it will not be discovered during replication, and Control Panel users will not be able to access their data from any recovery points created while the Instance is disabled.
- Name - Define a new name for the Control Panel Instance to identify it. A Control Panel Instance's name must be unique to its policy, meaning that no more than one Instance associated with a policy can have a certain name.
- Description - Enter new additional information about the Control Panel Instance. This is an optional parameter, but if specified, it must be unique to the policy.
- Type - Change the type of the Control Panel Instance. This option specifies what type of Control Panel is being configured and can be defined as one of the following:
- Parallels Pro
- Parallels H-Sphere
- Linux Home Directories
9. On the following "Advanced Options" screen, in the drop-down menu, you can choose from three options for the "Verification log level" feature:
If you frequently add cPanel users, set the log level to "Warning" or "None" so that your tasks that have been finished successfully will not get alerts. For more information, see Control Panel Add-On - Solved Issue with Adding a New cPanel User During the Replication.
If your Control Panel is installed inside a Parallels Virtuozzo Containers container, you need to specify the Virtuozzo Container ID. This advanced option is required for cPanel, Plesk, Parallels Pro, Interworx, DirectAdmin types, but is not available for the Virtuozzo Control Panel type.
10. On the last "Summary" screen, the settings you have selected are listed. If you see any mistakes on this screen, click the "Back" button and correct them.
11. You can verify the Instance before saving by clicking the "Verify Instance" button.
If verification is successful, click "OK" in the displayed dialog window.
If the verification fails, the "Error Messages" window will appear. This means that Server Backup cannot find the Control Panel type you have specified. Make sure that you have selected the correct Control Panel type.
Click "OK" and try to eliminate the error. Then verify the Instance again.
12. Once you have verified that the specified settings are correct, click "Save".
13. Once the wizard screen has been closed, the updated Control Panel Instance appears on the "Control Panels" tab of the "Edit Policy" window. New Instance options are displayed in the appropriate columns.
14. Click on the "Save" button in the Policy window to save the changes.