R1Soft Server Backup Manager (SBM) utilizes Continuous Data Protection™ technology to back up at the block level instead of the file level. This feature shortens backup windows and reduces disk I/O compared to file-based full and incremental backups. You can schedule backups as frequently as every 15 minutes.
Before you can start backing up data, you must download, install or upgrade, and configure SBM in the environment. Use the following sections to review the steps necessary to protecting your Linux and Windows servers.
- Obtain Server Backup Manager and Backup Agent — General information about obtaining the Server Backup Manager and the Backup Agent.
- Install and upgrade Server Backup Manager — General information about installing and upgrading the Server Backup Manager.
- Install and upgrade Backup Agent — General information about installing and upgrading the Backup Agent.
- Configure Server Backup Manager on Linux — Instructions on how to initially configure the Backup Manager on Linux.
- Access Server Backup Manager web interface — Instructions on how to access the Server Backup Manager Web interface.
- Log in to Backup Manager — Instructions on how to log in to the Backup Manager.
- Server Backup Manager Trial Guide — Instructions on how to install and access Server Backup Manager as a trial.
- Activate Server Backup Manager — Instructions for license activation of Server Backup Manager.
- Info for hosting service providers — Instructions on how to use Server Backup Manager for hosting service providers.