R1Soft CDP for Hosting Control Panels is a reliable solution to backup hosting control panel user accounts. By means of web interface, control panels users may access their account backups created over time, download as archive, or restore from them. To access the backups, they use their Control Panel credentials.
|Notice for 3.18 Version|
To work with 3.18, users must upgrade their cPanel plugin for autologin.
The backups are called "replications." They are created automatically on the basis of a schedule defined by system administrators. The following frequencies may be defined:
- On Demand
As the result of data replication, a Recovery Point is created. Administrators set how many Recovery Points to keep (so called "retention policy/rules").
A Recovery Point appears like a Full backup to the user in appearance as each Recovery Point only contains changes since the last synchronization. These Recovery Points are available for users from the CDP for Hosting Control Panels user interface.
As a control panel end user, you can access your account backups by following the direct link to CDP for Hosting Control Panels provided to you by your Hosting provider. cPanel (only) end users have the added option of accessing their account backups via the R1Soft icon displayed in the Control Panel interface. There are two options to access the Recovery Points:
Each Recovery Point contains the user's data saved at a particular time. Users can restore their data from any Recovery Point they need. Users can restore their data not only from the latest backup but also from previous ones.
There are three options for the control panel end users to restore their files:
- Restore selected files to their original location. See Restoring Your Control Panel Account.
- Download files to local computer and upload files via FTP to web site (control panel home). See Downloading Your Control Panel Backup to Local Computer.
- Send a TAR or ZIP containing selected or all files to control panel home directory. See Sending Your Control Panel Account Backup to Control Panel Home.
- Control Panel Users Common Questions — A list of common questions specific to using CDP for Control Panels.
- Accessing Your Account Backups via Direct Link — Instructions on how to access Control Panel account backups via Direct Link.
- Accessing Your Account Backups via cPanel Plugin — Instructions on how to access Control Panel account backups.
- Downloading Your Control Panel Backup to Local Computer — Instructions on how to download your Control Panel account backup to a Local Computer as archive.
- Sending Your Control Panel Account Backup to Control Panel Home — Instructions for Control Panel users on how to send a TAR or ZIP file containing selected or all files to control panel home directory.
- Restoring Your Control Panel Account — Instructions for Control Panel users on how to restore files they own.
- Control Panel Users Vocabulary — Definitions of terms for using CDP for Hosting Control Panel users.